Most people think of life as an obstacle course, full of hurdles that need to be overcome, in order to be happy. In some ways, they’re right.
If you are a very goal-orientated person, it’s inevitable that you’ll run into obstacles on your way to achieving success. The bigger the goal, the more obstacles there will be. These obstacles and set-backs are test your character, and your resolve. Each obstacle that is overcome, and each challenge that is met head on, develops your character, your belief in yourself, and it strengthens your resolve to succeed, not matter what.
However, when the same obstacles keep happening over and over, and failure seems to be a common theme, it’s time to re-evaluate the way you approach your goals. These recurring problems indicate an inability to learn from the temporary set backs you are experiencing. It indicates that your conscious mind is having trouble analyzing the reasons behind the failures, and thus, keeps making the same mistakes.
If you are unable to consciously work through the problems you are having, then it must be a subconscious block preventing you from learning from your set backs, and moving forward. At this point, some outside help is needed; in such situations, self hypnosis can be of immense value. Self Hypnosis can definitely be used successfully to get to the root of the problem, and eliminate it forever.
One very powerful effect of self hypnosis is it promotes the ability to train your mind to stay focused on successfully attaining of your goal. You can focus your attention to your goals in a positive, successful manner. You can also eliminate self-sabotage, and the negative thoughts and feelings that are blocking your path to success.
Here are some tips for using self hypnosis as a goal achieving tool.
1. Visualization. Program your imagination with your desired goal. While under the influence of self hypnosis, visualize your goal as already accomplished, and your objective has been reached. Imagine it as real. See it, and experience all the joyful feelings associated with that goal.
2. Persistence. Delve into your subconscious mind, and transform your inner personality to be someone who NEVER gives up. Program your subconscious mind to stay on track, no matter what is happening in any given situation. Self hypnotic suggestions can help you develop an iron will, and persistent approach to your goals, which will be valuable during times of stress and discouragement.
3. Think Positively. The subconscious mind has a tendency to replay negative past memories, bringing them back to the consciousness mind, in the form of doubts and fears. The use of self hypnosis can totally eliminate doubt and fear. Program your subconscious mind to think positively, and expect positive results.
4. Program out the Problem. Enivitably, problems will arise when you pursue worthwhile goals. Through self hypnosis, you can solve these problems fairly quickly. While in the hypnotic trance, see yourself successfully overcoming obstacles. You don’t have to see how you did it, just see yourself on the other side, proud and joyful that you “figured it out”, and reached your goal. If self visualization is a problem for you, then seek the advice of a qualified therapist. A competent therapist will find the root of your problem probably in the first consultation.
5. Pave your path. Imagine yourself meeting the right people, and being in the right place at the right time. Program your mind through the power of self hypnosis, and your subconscious will pick up on non-verbal clues, processing millions of bytes of information, and it will guide you to the right course of action.
6. Develop faith Use self hypnosis to convince your subconscious mind that your goal is already a reality. Coax your subconscious mind into believing the “real” world is really the world you have been visualizing. In the deeply relaxed state that self hypnosis induces, you can get fully immersed in your mental imagery. Really feel how great it is to have accomplished all the things you have wanted for so long. Enjoy the fact that you are enjoying the benefits of having reached that goal.