“When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose, and focused on giving of myself, everything arrived in my life, and I was prosperous.” Wayne Dyer.
Are you programmed for making money or are you set up for failure and poverty? It seems a simple enough question, but most of us would answer, “Of course, I don’t want poverty!” This isn’t really the right answer; however, because just because you want to be wealthy doesn’t mean that you are thinking thoughts that will consistently bring wealth into your life. Do you have a positive attitude toward money? Or do you secretly, subconsciously eschew it for reasons you are not aware?
Here are just a few common attitudes about money that may be running in your subconscious mind without you realizing it:
- I am not worthy of making a good income.
- I have taken a vow of poverty, in order to be a ‘good’ person I cannot be wealthy.
- I have to work really hard to make good money.
- I will never have enough money.
- Great wealth is for other people; it isn’t for me.
- You need great wealth to make great wealth.
- Only trust fund babies get to enjoy the riches of life without working like a slave.
- I can’t be successful like other people because they know something I don’t know.
- Every time I make money I lose it. I’m not good at holding onto money.
- If I make more money, I’ll be burdened with more responsibility.
- If I make lots of money I will be responsible for other people’s stuff.
- It’s hard to make money.
- Life is a big up-hill battle.
- I could never be wealthy.
These are just a few of the programmed messages many of us have running at the subconscious level. We don’t think ‘on purpose.’ We allow our most prominent thoughts to run our lives. Without us realizing it, we are coloring our ability to make lots of money with our unconscious attitudes. They end up changing our perspective, acting as a filter for opportunities, or wealth that may be sitting right under our noses. These beliefs can also cause us to turn gifts of money or other easy ways of making it, away, thinking that we can’t possibly accept them or that we don’t deserve to be paid what we are truly worth. These beliefs can cause you to change your behavior in ways that keep you broke, struggling, and frustrated, instead of grateful and growing more prosperous all the time.
To examine what unconscious beliefs you may have about money and prosperity, start by looking at your own family patterns, and the ways your closest friends see money. Do they have a healthy attitude about it, or do they have their own unconscious programs about money, which are causing them to experience great wealth, or to struggle unnecessarily. Once you have identified your own negative beliefs, make a conscious effort to change them, and then boost that effort with subconscious re-programming. Binaural beats can be a great way to sift through attitudes about money and to re-wire your brain for more prosperity.
You can replace the aforementioned attitudes with thoughts that are more like these:
- Money is easy for me to make. It comes to me effortlessly and in great abundance.
- It is o.k for me to be rich.
- It doesn’t mean I am a bad person if I make a lot of money. I use my wealth to enjoy life and help others, and so I welcome it.
- I don’t have to work hard to make lots of money. It comes to me easily.
- I enjoy great abundance and prosperity. I live in an attitude of gratitude.
- For every dollar I spend, a hundred more come my way to replace it.
- I always enjoy prosperous outcomes.
- I make wise business choices.
- I manage my money expertly.
- My wealth and self worth are ever-increasing.
- I am prosperous.
- I am specific about my financial goals and I achieve them.
“Apply yourself both now and in the next life. Without effort, you cannot be prosperous. Though the land be good, You cannot have an abundant crop without cultivation.” – Plato
The cultivation of prosperity starts in the mind. You must cultivate positive attitudes about money. You cannot reap what you don’t sow, but the greatest seeds you plant will be the beneficial thoughts about prosperity which you make a habitual practice.